I’ve had this idea rattling around in my head for awhile. I recently moved in to a new house which made me realize how much I have. I’m so incredibly grateful for everything I have, yet the pull of new shiny things keeps distracting me from using those things.
I have so many wonderful objects that bring me joy; books, knitting patterns, yarn, clothes, fabric, coloring books. You name a crafty item and I probably have it. Yet I feel the constant need to buy more. This year I am going to make it my mission to use up the things I have already invested in and share my journey here with you. Feel free to join along and we can use things up together!
Rules of Using Up:
- Look on your bookshelf before borrowing/buying a book or pattern
- Go through your closet before buying more clothes
- Dive in to your stash before buying more craft supplies
- Search your local library catalog before renting/buying a movie or tv show
- Try a new recipe each month that uses up spices you have in the back of your spice drawer
Here’s my first pass at using things up. I’ll be posting soon about my first “use it up” project of the year.
Do you have any goals or intentions this year? If so, share them in the comments. I’d love to hear about them!